Similkameen & Okanagan Valley
October 12, 13, 17 & 25, 2022
March 13, 2023
The nose bursts with poached Anjou pear, dragon fruit and a hint of chai tea spice. On the palate you'll discover gooseberry, cantaloupe & more ripe pear. Delicious!
72% Second Chance Vineyard, Similkameen Valley 28% Summerland fruit, Okanagan Valley
Whole cluster, soft pressing for reduced phenolic extraction. Two separate cold ferments in stainless steel to preserve aromatics & freshness, using two yeast strains.
Our 9th release of this single vineyard Gewurztraminer stands in a long line of highly accoladed Second Chance Vineyard wines. Aromas of fresh peach and passion fruit fill the glass, and citrus fruits drive the palate. Simply a great “welcome wine” on any sunny day. Don’t be afraid to challenge food pairings with this varietal – chicken, pork or any Asian themed dish pair very well with it. Although this varietal is believed to have originated from a cousin vine in northern Italy, it is now expressed from many vineyards around the world. All with their very own characteristics, there is no “one style” of Gewürztraminer, but the common lychee and ginger spices can arise in ours with a little time in bottle.
Food Pairing Notes
Fajitas, grilled cheese sandwiches, bratwurst and so many more exciting options- chicken wings are a personal pairing fav of our own!